We’re all familiar with the different dog supplies and equipment to purchase for our furry friends when walking and exercising outside. We need to purchase collars, poo bags and scoopers, even a pet water bottle (which are from stores like PetSwag).
However, there is one debate many dog owners have argued about: Investing in a leash or a no pull dog harness. While many have grown used to using leashes, more people are now starting to see the benefits of these dog harnesses. This article will talk about what no pull dog harnesses are and why they are advantageous for dog owners.
What is a No Pull Dog Harness?
No pull dog harnesses are pet tools that can help minimize your dog’s tugging and trying to lead the way when walking. The clip of the harness is in the front, compared to harnesses that have clips on their backs. Its straps are crossed above the dog’s shoulders and would be fastened behind her front legs or on your dog’s chest.
When the leash is clipped on the front ring, your dog will need to stay beside you to stay forward. With the front clip, the no pull harness will discourage your dog from pulling on the lead, as they feel uncomfortable when pulling from their chest muscles. If she tries to pull, the leash will go off to the side and not straight back, directing your dog back to you.
Why Invest in a No Pull Dog Harness?
This harness is advantageous as it allows you to control and guide your dog better without extra pressure, compared to using a leash. Here are other advantages this no pull dog harness offers, provided that you choose the correct one:
- They make great training tools for puppies who are new to walking on a lead. Your puppy won’t tangle up with the leash, which prevents pain and injuries.
- Harnesses provide more control, which is safer when walking in crowds or on busy streets.
- For those who have strong and/or large dogs, harnesses will give you more control and will be easier on your back and arms.
- For those who have small dogs, the harness will disperse pressure over their bodies, which reduces strain on their back and neck.
- No pull dog harnesses will discourage your dog from pulling, as pulling won’t have him go anywhere.
- If your dog requires some assistance in standing after they sit or lie down, the harness can help pull him up carefully without any pain or discomfort.
- Harnesses are advantageous for dogs who are disguised as escape artists. They can’t wriggle their way out of a harness compared to when they wear the traditional collar and leash.
Wrapping It Up
The no pull dog harness is an advantageous pet tool that can keep you from trying to catch up with your hyper dog! If you plan to get one, make sure that you do your research and select the right one based on your dog’s breed and individual needs.